The SDK is designed to be packaged yet customizable, so developers can ship the fully responsive Loyalty front at a glance without having to build it yourself from scratch.
Please note that some features of Loyalty Web Kit are in a beta version which is still undergoing final testing before its official release. As such, it may be subject to changes, including additions, modifications, or removals, as we continue to refine and optimize the product. In the meantime, please feel free to share any feedback.
The Loyalty Web Kit lets you integrate a User Interface of your Loyalty program without having to build UI components and API calls to Splio. For the integration you will need to:
- Server side:
authToken: Generate the JWTs used to secure the calls and authenticate contacts with Splio. You can read more in this section.
- User flow recommandations: once authenticated through your website, we recommend to redirect the user to the initial Loyalty SDK page for an optimized flow. We provide more details in this article.
Note that these are the generic principles and the SDK can be integrated in any e-commerce tool such Shopify, Prestashop, Magento, Salesfroce Commerce Cloud, WooCommerce etc.
Please note that in order for the Loyalty Web Kit to work, your e-commerce needs to know the unique key set in Splio Customer Platform.
Here are the main concepts related to your universe in Splio:
- The SDK is linked by a 1-1 relationship with a Loyalty Program.
- Multiple SDK can be created and setup in a single universe.
- An instance of the SDK is called a configuration with a unique configurationId.
- A specific api_key is provided for each SDK configuration that you will be able to retrieve on the platform.
All CSS assets are hosted by Splio and lets your brand customize the UI through Splio Customer Platform directly. The Loyalty SDK offers different integration modes:
- Full integration with the user interface
- Build a custom UI: if you wish to build your own UI, you can use the Loyalty SDK as a mean to achieve that quickly through our available methods.. Our APIs can also be used for specific needs not covered by the Loyalty SDK.
The choice between these options depends on the brand’s need for personalization freedom. Note that if a custom UI is built using the available methods, the CSS sheets become irrelevant, and any personalized styling sheets created in the Splio Customer Platform won’t be necessary for the marketing team.
As we recommend to promote your Loyalty program on different pages of your e-commerce, you also have the possibility to integrate standalone UI components of the SDK.
With the SDK, you will be able to manage several display modes:
Inline: the "splio-sdk" div will serve as the container of the interface which will occupy the entire width of the interface and will be responsive.
Widget: displays the current point balance in an interactive badge on the bottom corner. Ideal to integrate the SDK in multiple pages of your e-commerce. The position of the badge can be customized.
Note that the SDK is fully responsive and does not depend on the container you are using.
If your website supports multiple language, we provide you with the ability of handling different SDK configurations to handle each of the language needed. In this case, a configuration is associated to a language configured in Splio Platform. This way, you can have distinct translations, rewards and even loyalty program for each language.
Integration detail: load the SDK server-side based on the users' navigation language. We provide you with the details in the guides.
The Loyalty SDK allows displaying information on your program for an anonymous or authenticated users:
- When a user is anonymous, the Loyalty Web Kit needs basic information about the loyalty program to be able to display configurations such as the tier benefits, how to earn points and rewards etc.
- When a user is logged in, the Loyalty Web Kit needs to authenticate them to display their information (points, rewards, current tier etc.) and allow them to perform actions like earning points and claiming rewards.
If you are using Shopify, please go this dedicated article.
Updated 6 days ago